Saturday, May 17, 2008

Van Camping Planning

The rain subsided long enough yesterday and I got enough done with the software development to go ahead and pick up my new bike and ride it home. It is sitting in Little Bird's house now, waiting to be ridden today, and trucked to French Creek tomorrow. It has its cute little backpacking panniers attached to the bike rack. There are two adorable grocery panniers that I will keep in the van for grocery shopping. I may be an ultra-lightweight backpacker, but I'm not carrying all my stuff on my back while biking. Not happening!

It is Saturday, a beautiful day from all glances out of the window. I've been working this morning and will take some time to get showered and ready for outdoor activities. A nice long bike ride (a shakedown cruise), then more software development work, then perhaps some errands for beer, food, and camping supplies. I'll hit Walmart and Home Depot tomorrow if I'm energetic enough in the morning. I promised to help Little Bird consolidate clutter in a big room she wants to move into, then move it to the room I'm cramping out in now.

I'll move my computer lab to the dining room while all that is going on. The laptop and hardware will travel with me to the campsite, then hopefully I'll have a new and empty room when I get back. There I'll set up jewelry and crafts, and my computer collection. Mostly, I'll work in Exton for a few days next week and perhaps will leave all the PC's onsite. I don't have to commute every day, especially with the van. I can camp out in the van overnight and still get 20 hours of work done over two days.

My hope and plan is that once I'm in the big room I can work out a nice routine that gives me plenty of time for hiking, biking, and camping. I do feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and that all my stuff will no longer be my topic of the day. Can't wait!

No comments: