Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mountain Bike & Hitch

Wow, I budgeted $2000 for a new mountain bike and hitch, and I got everything for only $1200. I got a Thule hitch-mount with locking cable for four bikes. This moves out of the way for ease in getting into the back of the van. The bike is a cool grandma green with 60's purple flowers. It's a Barbie bike!

http://www.trekbikes.com/women/wsd_products/bikes/2008/mountain/3700wsd

I left it at the shop to have some gadgets attached. The kick-stand, water bottle rack, rear cargo rack (will also hold removable panniers), wireless odometer, kick-ass headlight, and a rear safety light. The new Trek helmet is also in green to match my new Trek bike. I will have it in time to take it camping Sunday, for three days.

Tomorrow I'll head over to Home Depot to buy the reflextix and screen for a van camping van window covering project. If I have energy, I'll head over to JoAnne's for a sewing machine and some material for curtains.

This three day weekend is for meditation, van windows, biking, sorting all my paperwork for final disposition, hiking, studying C# threading, remediating threading in a server application, eating healthy, and napping--a lot! I think I can fit all that in.

No comments: