Monday, November 3, 2008

Complexity

What's the opposit of simplicity? Why, that would be "complexity" and I think I've about got that covered!

First, it is Monday, the day before the election, and I'm in Pennsylvania. So with all procrastination accounted for I now have 33 hours to finish some software work, take a shower, and load the van, then head to Missouri to vote. Work will take about two hours, then another two to shower and finish loading. I could be on the road by noon if I hop to it. That means 20 hours of driving and perhaps 6 hours of napping to get to Rolla.

The complexity is that my 3/4 ton extended body Dodge Ram van is being followed by a 6 x 12 Uhaul trailer. When I said I simplified my life I totally forgot about the storage room and the vast amount of stuff I purchased during the past two months. Whoops! There is the $3500 in video equipment for my blogging plans, more jewelry supplies for my van industry, and clothes that I had to buy to show up at work a few times. What was I thinking?

Not only did I buy stuff, I acquired two kittens who will be returning to Missouri along with my special kitty Kristi Belle Belle. Hence the Uhaul, so the stuff can follow me whilst the kittens and cat can play inside the van whenever I stop. I will be so happy to get to Rolla, vote, unload the Uhaul into storage, return the Uhaul, pick up groceries, then settle into the RV with All My Cats. Oy vey! I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

If there is any time in my busy morning I plan to video tape the youngsters with a Chihauhau before I leave one of the three musketeers with my former roommate, little bird. That would make me very happy, so it is a top priority today. If I drive from noon to midnight, at an average rate of 50 mph, then I should be able to make about 600 miles before I pull into a truck stop and sleep in between some big rigs. I won't be comfortable, so I should be on the road again by 4 am. If I drive another twelve hours I could be past St. Louis before rush hour. Or not, I'm not pushing myself.

No comments: