Monday, July 21, 2008

Processing

I think I got it now. I took two weeks off of the software project from hell and got some things accomplished, including a vacation and handling personal goals. I paid $2500 cash for a very small but well laid out and well maintained mobile home on a permanent site, with a lot rent of $95 a month. The utilities are about $35-100 a month depending upon the season. The owner of the mobile home park is getting out of the rental market, so it was a matter of timing. The outside isn't pretty, but the view from inside is spectacular. It is next door to the $2000 trailer my oldest friend obtained, so this makes a great permanent address for less than $200 a month, in a quiet community.

With the van paid for and well maintained, and my lifestyle suitably downsized, I'm ready to tackle my own plans for writing and traveling, living out of the van. It's time.

No comments: