Thursday, March 25, 2010

I am back

Another reason for not blogging here more regularly has been my involvement in politics. Being a Libertarian stuck in Misery (Missouri) the incongruity of folks who profess christian charity and personal responsibility while reviling President Obama comes to a sharp point when I'm sitting in a room full of Republicans on the dole. There is high unemployment here and a severe lack of health care options for the working poor. I joined them and now have Medicaid, the first step in getting help with my pre-existing eye conditions. But in spite of my problems I've joined the Democrats here to assist with phone calls and gathering signatures, or basically anything I can still do within my vision limits. The recent passage of a bill that begins health insurance reform was a historical event. Hopefully, we can all settle down now and work on other pressing issues like alternative energy and women's rights.

While I may whinge on this blog about whatever is bothering my poor old mind, it is merely to illustrate ways to think ourselves out of the problems of life. Where a faux-christian will cry "why did G-d let this happen to me", there are those like me who grant that good and bad things happen to people. It is up to us how we handle it, using the intellect we were granted.

No comments: