Monday, January 26, 2009

Simply Living

It's been awhile since I posted last. I've been snuggled in the RV for the past two weeks instead of traveling around in Rocky, my van. And according to plan I've been continuing to downsize while just simply living. The past year or so of ramblings in my blog have been about all my stuff. Egads! Even while musing on it all I knew it was simply ridiculous. Now that I'm simply living instead of living large, I wasn't sure what to post.

The everyday activities of survival and van dwelling are what interest me the most. And if I'm distracted from that in any way, I don't have that much to share. I work as a software engineer and have been focused on finishing a project for general public release. So attention to detail is vital. Add to that the six cats I now house in the RV, and things can get a bit hectic.

The RV is a very small mobile home I bought last summer for $2500. It is next door to a dear friend who watches the place for me when I travel, and it serves as a base address for legal purposes. At the moment, I have custody of two big kittens I brought with me from Pennsylvania, two adult cats I've had for years, and two kittens that I trapped under my RV just before Christmas. My cuppeth runneth over, as does the litter paneth. Oy, vey! Sometime today, between producing a software release and prepping for an ice storm that's coming, I should steam clean the living room carpet and put the place back into shape.

See, no matter how much you downsize there is always something that needs to be done.

No comments: