Monday, July 16, 2007

What do you do all day?

What do I do all day? Well, mostly I follow a set of priorities in life. Shelter, food, trash, dishes, clothes, cats, and income producing projects. Then I tackle paperwork, helping others and getting involved in the community, then on to fun stuff like playing trivia, hiking, camping, and biking. I usually knock off around 6 pm on a busy day, whether I'm "done" or not. Because you should always live by some type of routine. I'm currently working on a book and you can be sure that global warming, healthcare, and the nuts currently residing in Washington will be well represented. I'm also working on a technical book in my field. Sort of an old-timers take on the modern "agile programming" concept. I've seen it all, from the waterfall methodology to RAP (rapid application prototyping), sometimes known as RAD (rapid application development). RAP is my thing. So I have a full life, in spite of being homeless, unemployed, and poor. I've decided that homelessness is my mission and my community outreach is through any of the social justice projects of the Universalist Unitarian Fellowships that I align with. Please though, I pray that I can get through a bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses without biting my tongue in half. I'm working on being more tolerant of quasi-christians in all their varied and perplexing forms.

2 comments:

tom sheepandgoats said...

"Please though, I pray that I can get through a bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses without biting my tongue in half."

why would you study with them if there was danger of that happening?

Gecko said...

I would never study the bible with Jehovah's Witnesses because they are close-minded. However, I did sit through and listen to their version of a bible study as a courtesy to my friend, who is nota Jehovah's Witness. She is lonely and enjoys the bible study but will not join in the other activities. And, they wisely did not attempt to engage me because I set the ground rules first--that I would refrain from doing anything more than listen. They asked if I would come to their church and I said that perhaps I would after I made the round of fellowships in the area.